Friday, November 30, 2007

home for christmas

Well, I have to say I'm excited to be coming home for Christmas!! A little nervous about the flight with the kids...but I can handle it knowing we'll see all our family and friends soon. Here's some things I can't wait to do when we get there:

1. Eat a good pizza with pepperoni! I don't know what they use here, which they call pepperoni, but it certainly doesn't look like it or taste like it! Besides, I have lost 20 pounds so I plan on gaining it all back while I can!

2. Get some new clothes!! My jeans are swimming on me and I'm down to the last hole on my belts!

3. Stand in Michael's, Target, and Home Depot and admire all the stuff in one place, well organized, packaged, beautiful! Most of the stuff you get here is not in any package. And you probably could find most of the craft stuff Michael's sells, but certainly it would take you a week or more, traveling the entire city, looking in small stores on back alleys.

4. Driving and parking! Juan Pablo should be buying an old car when he gets there (he's arriving this Saturday!) I can't wait for stop lights, rules, and wide open parking lots! Paved streets!!

5. Watch some current tv. I've actually not watched tv in at least a month...tired of reruns and wondering what's on back home that I'm missing. I have watched movies though...we're into Polar Express right now.

6. Drink milk! We used to go through 2 gallons a week, but the milk here tastes different so we don't drink it as much.

Well, that's a start! I hope we're there long enough for me to do all that...but I'm sure I could fit it all in one day if I had to.

3 comments:

ezabet said...

hey suzy... i can't believe it..i believe i believe! we can go to michaels! artsy crafts!

robynreid said...

hey! how'd that happen? good news, but seems sudden... did i miss an email?

Cara said...

Wow!!! 20 lbs??? What's your secret! Let me guess - no McD's on every corner? =)

Oh - and I hope you are not disappointed with the TV when you get here. The writers guild has been on strike since November 5th so everything is getting ready to go into all reruns soon. Yuck.

Hope you have a safe (and sane!) trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...