Tuesday, November 20, 2007

new format

I was playing around with the format of the blog and liked this one better...I always did say brown was my favorite color! But change is always good right? I've got the running list now on the side of things not to forget on a visit home...since Juan Pablo will be going in January...he can just check the blog...no nagging involved! For those who haven't heard, he has an interview with immigration...the test of knowledge of US history and government...one step closer to being an American! At the bottom of the blog, we have some of our favorite websites listed, too.
So yesterday I made a pie crust from scratch...the only dilemma was trying to figure out how much a 200 gram block of butter really is...is it a cup or more than that. I searched the internet which told me you can't convert grams to cups...so I just guessed and said each block probably is a cup. We'll see if the crust turns out! That's for the pecan pie...I'm going to cook it today just in case it burns. Of course, Juan Pablo I'm sure won't let me make another one...the Caro syrup was 40 bolivianos and the pecans were 50! But I love pecan pie...and it's thanksgiving! Now, I'm going to have to search the city for a pie plate, because it turns out there isn't one in the house!

3 comments:

robynreid said...

i noticed the new format last night! very nice. pecan pie is easy, i'm sure it'll come out. it's funny watching british cooking shows where the recipes are in grams. i bet stew can do the conversion...

Unknown said...

http://www.onlineconversion.com/cooking_butter.htm

medina family said...

stewart...you're such a man of few words! thanks for the site.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...