I couldn't resist that title! Here are some of the breads Juan Pablo's grandma gave us to celebrate the day of the dead. It's a boy, a girl, a horse, and little merengues. Apparently there is no bread available for a day or two around this holiday, so everyone bakes bread. We had a big lunch at the hotel on Friday....a pork and noodle soup, and some meat and onion dish....and there was supposed to be a mass for his grandpa, who passed away before I met JP.....but someone messed up the day....it was the day before!! So instead, we worked on the favors and decorations for the birthday party on Sunday (the kids' cousin, Santiago turned 2).
Monday, November 5, 2007
bread for the dead
I couldn't resist that title! Here are some of the breads Juan Pablo's grandma gave us to celebrate the day of the dead. It's a boy, a girl, a horse, and little merengues. Apparently there is no bread available for a day or two around this holiday, so everyone bakes bread. We had a big lunch at the hotel on Friday....a pork and noodle soup, and some meat and onion dish....and there was supposed to be a mass for his grandpa, who passed away before I met JP.....but someone messed up the day....it was the day before!! So instead, we worked on the favors and decorations for the birthday party on Sunday (the kids' cousin, Santiago turned 2).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
do you eat it? neat. pray for the dead and the living.
we ate some of it. I liked the sugar filled merengues of course
Post a Comment