Monday, November 19, 2007

thanksgiving

We've moved Thanksgiving back to Thursday and so I'm getting a little nervous now. We had thought Sunday would be a better day (no one's off on Thursday down here) but it turns out it's not. So here's what I'm planning...which actually changes by the minute:
appetizers: deviled eggs
avocado dip and chips (Juan Pablo's famous)

meal: turkey/gravy
a ham
squash with maple syrup
mashed potatoes
a box of Stove top (found that this weekend)
broccoli salad
green bean casserole (maybe)
whatever sides they bring

dessert: a cheesecake
a pecan pie
apple crisp

Keep in mind they say never try a new recipe for Thanksgiving and the only things from the above list I've ever made are a pecan pie, eggs, and mashed potatoes. And I've never made the pie here in high altitude. So who knows how it will turn out! Juan Pablo's family is very helpful and has even offered to come over Wed night to get the turkey and ham ready for cooking. I also am still using the kitchen outside for a stove top, I have an oven inside that is both a microwave and an oven, and a big fridge inside and a tiny one outside......so looks like I'm going to be the chicken running around with its head cut off!!

2 comments:

robynreid said...

oh boy susie, all the best of luck! i've never made a turkey, but i just might try this weeked for kicks. although i don't particularly like turkey so i'm not sure what i would do with it when i was done!

Nancy Welge said...

susie Q! you go girl. even if the only things that turn out are the one's you've cooked before, you've got a meal! i'll be thinking of you and yours while we're away from yours and mine!!!!!!! happy thanksgiving!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...