Thursday, November 8, 2007

shop til you drop!

Finally! Today my sister in law and her husband took Juan Pablo and I to this outdoor market called "la feria". It is in El Alto and is one of the largest in Bolivia. It is only open on Thursdays and Sundays and a lot of them sell used clothes and toys from the States. It's like yard saleing!!! I had so much fun and we all found clothes. I got shirts from aeropostal, wet seal, and casual corner! The kids got gymboree and old navy clothes! And Juan Pablo found some jeans. They had tables full of clothes that we had to sift through...jeans were 10 bolivianos! Shirts 5 or 10! So now I'm going to get our stuff from there. At least I know it will last, and not fall apart the minute you wash it like so much of the stuff here. We also got some cooking pans woohoo! And some drinking glasses. Sunday, the market is larger but there are also 10 times more people trying to buy. They also up the prices on Sundays. They have a section that sells car parts and stuff for cars....DVDs for like 4 bolivianos...and other sections but Karla and I stuck to the toys and clothes. I wanted to stay all day, but we had to leave at noon!

1 comment:

Aunt Maggie said...

okay now it sounds like you are having too much fun. those bolivianos probably go further than the USD does these days. keep up the good shopping work

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...