Friday, November 16, 2007

chicken?

Well, I really grossed myself out today. Juan Pablo had gone to the store the other day and bought a chicken to roast...he put it in the freezer so I moved the bag to the fridge two days ago. So today I found a recipe where you put potatoes and other veggies in a roasting pan and the chicken on top. I cut up all the veggies and put them in the pan, then pulled the chicken out to get it ready...of course it had stuff in the cavitiy...including a chicken foot! But that wasn't the gross part....the head was still on it!!! I just couldn't believe it...I mean the eyes were half open, the hair was sticking up on its head...It was unbelievable! Of course, I know some of you people from the country may have seen this before...but I've lived in the suburbs my whole life...I don't like to think of my chicken as having a head. Juan Pablo wasn't here and I had already cut up all the veggies...so I had to cut it off!! Would you have done it? Have you done it? I told him never buy a chicken like that again!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I love your chicken story! Oh my goodness! To funny. You're a brave woman! From an old American friend, I can tell you I would have peed myself if I saw that chicken head! Yikes!

ezabet said...

i guess this chicken wont be running around with its head cut off! how was the baked result?
love ya!

robynreid said...

hah! that's funny. good job, cutting off the head yourself. at least it wasn't still alive. (also, good one liz :) )

Cara said...

Hey there, Susan! Just thought I'd stop by and show you some good ol' USA support. No way would I have ever cut off that head!!! Let's just say that my family would have been having to fill up on potatoes and veggies for dinner that night - that's right, everything minus the chicken! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...