Whew! I must say I'm glad thanksgiving is over! These are some pictures of the tables before everyone arrived. The adult table had pears on each plate with each persons name...so no confusion on where to sit! That idea was taken from Martha Stewart and was really easy...the only hard part...keeping Joaquin from eating them! The kids' table had little Pilgrims and Native Americans with their names and little Mayflower boats with raisins, pecans and sunflower seeds. We got that from Family Fun and Isabela had fun making her own for her seat. We also hung fall leaves all around the rooms...even though it's spring here. It's not Thanksgiving without fall colors!
I was really pushing to have the tables and decorations set a few days in advance so I wouldn't be worrying about that the day of the big feast, but as it turned out, we were up until about 12 midnight still setting up. We had to wash the plates and glasses that had been sitting on the shelves for months, but Juan Pablo was very good about helping me out. The table cloth was a last minute find as well...Beatriz' table seats twelve! and I didn't have one big enough, so we went to a fabric shop near the hotel and they had this awesome fabric...like plastic but prettier and her seamstress added a lace trim all the way around. It worked out great because a glass of wine was spilled and no stains! Plus it only cost about $2 dollars for the fabric. The kids got the real tablecloth I brought from the US and they did fine with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment