Thursday, September 1, 2011

batter up!

Peanuts! Popcorn!
One evening during our blackout, Diego and I wandered outside. He found a black plastic bat in the overgrown grass. The kind that might have been run over by the lawnmower before. One tennis ball later, he was swinging like he'd been part of the team for years. That's the thing about baseball...once someone picks up the bat, everyone wants in.
IMG_5353

The bugs were chirping in the grandstands. The air was cool...well, at least cooler than it was inside.
IMG_5368

And you can hate on baseball all you want, but it's still a great game for kids...full of cool gear, turn taking, and strategy. Fast ball, perhaps?
IMG_5443

I haven't seen this two year old share before as well as he did that night.
IMG_5450

And...he caught it without evening looking!! Well, really he's throwing it, but it looks like he caught it.
IMG_5445

Then Babe Ruth stepped up to the plate.
IMG_5430

Some quaked in their cleats and hid behind their gloves.
IMG_5439

But the competition was fierce...we all know the saying, "it ain't over 'till..." and that's especially true in baseball.
IMG_5433

The outfield can sometimes be a lonely place...but it's also a time to gather your thoughts.
IMG_5383

A half time show of a little dancing...
IMG_5396

...and laughter.
IMG_5393

But we did have to call the game early. Diego kept being in the wrong place at the wrong time. You know what I mean? When you keep getting whacked with the bat every time someone takes a swing? Still, it'll go down as one of my all time favorite games.
IMG_5461

1 comment:

Darlene said...

What great shots!!! I love the sparkler one, too! Miss you!!!
I hope you guys have a great first day of school :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...