LOVE THEM.
They make the kids' lunches look so fun, but more importantly, keep the food separated (for the most part)...and really, what kid wants their foods touching?
So I took a picture because I'm not sure they'll get another one this good. But I'm definitely doing the #1 mom tip this year...making the lunches the night before. So much easier!
This lunch had:
blueberries
cantaloupe
strawberries
carrots
turkey and cheese on whole wheat
kale chips*
apple juice
granola bar for snack
*These, it turns out, are best right out of the oven. The kids LOVE them though, and it's so healthy for them. The recipe is simple: Trim the stem off the kale. Wash. Toss in olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Cook on baking sheet at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. They are crispy just like chips and delicious.
If you don't believe me, here's some proof:
4 comments:
I love your cupcake holder idea!!! Can you post your lunch picture on the Moms Next facebook page? I bet some of the Moms in our group would flip & love to see this idea!
Thanks, Stacey...it certainly wasn't my idea, but I'll be glad to pass it along.
Very cool...my kids have fabric like lunch bags though...where did you get the plastic container???
Hi Darlene, I'm not sure where I got that...I'm thinking it was old navy last year? I'm looking into getting a bento lunch box though...the key is keeping them small and packing them tight so the food doesn't roll all around.
Post a Comment