This one was the last one up...but out on the porch fifteen minutes before the bus was supposed to come, dancing in the rain...she somehow made it out of the house withOUT making her bed or picking up her floor. How does she DO that?
And this one wanted to get on the bus, too. "I ride bus." "I go schoo."
Not yet, Isabela. We still have five more minutes.
The smile is starting to fade now. The nerves are setting in. I'm sure he gets it from me...I get very nervous before doing new things, but after many decades, I've learned to feel the fear and do it anyway (most of the time.) He's still new at this.
He ended up in tears, not wanting to go.
I'd made each of them a heart for their pocket in case they got lonely. By the first day of school, we'd lost all but one. Isabela thoughtfully gave hers up for her sad brother.
I think it worked. He wants to take it again tomorrow.
2 comments:
very sweet, love your lunch box too. and the birthday bags, how cute are those......you are very clever and your mom would have loved it also, she was the most artistic beautiful and talented woman i knew.
thanks, Maggie! I know we all miss her.
Post a Comment