Birthday morning.
Bright and early. (Check out the still black windows.) His face looks like he's squinting from a blinding flash, or in terrible pain from some unseen person pinching him...but this is his "I'm so excited I'm going to burst face."
Then I made him wait for Dad before he could open his presents. Plus since he woke up at the crack of dawn, I think he's still in a little daze.
This is what he'd been asking for for months. Now it is put together, and he only occasionally freaks out when someone messes it up.
Strictly homemade cakes around here now. It's supposed to be a football field, minus the football and the goal posts. I was a little strapped for time. He did love the field though. He's sweet.
Isabela thought to make the posts with the candles, and formed a ball of sorts in the middle. Joaquin counted and noticed there were actually eight candles on his cake. Well, at least there weren't six.
Can you believe we forgot to smash his face in his cake??? He asked about it later and I felt so bad. What kind of parents are we?
So, in honor of our sweet seven year old, I thought I'd share seven interesting facts about him...
1. He likes to sleep with a nightlight on. I mean, he'll scream and leap from his bed if the light goes off without his nightlight on.
2. He wants to be a wild animal vet when he grows up. I see him more of a stunt man, or super hero, myself.
3. He'd probably say his favorite movie is Star Wars. (He's never seen it.)
4. His favorite sports are football and baseball. (He's never played them or even watched a game before.)
5. He can flip onto any cushion from any height. Well, we haven't tried the roof, but I'd bet he'd like to. He flies from the top of steps. He hits the ceiling before he jumps off his bed. I'm just happy we're in a one story house.
6. He can read for many hours straight. I checked out Bonjour Babar the other day...it's a compilation of six Babar stories...he was quiet for hours, took it with him in the car, slept with it at night.... until he'd finished it.
7. He's sweet, sensitive, and caring. Right after he calls you, "Butt", he'll apologize in the most sincere way...and make it up to you with an amazingly set table with folded napkins, tall wine glasses filled with ice water, dimmed lights, arranged silverware, and a precious smile.
We love you, Joaquin. You make us smile, too.
3 comments:
arghhhhhhhi am so sorry i am such a terrible grandaunt..........i will need to make it up to all of them when i ever finally visit. happy birthyday wacky! (he looks so grown up)
don't worry, Maggie!!! I saw it was Nick's bday too on FB...I hope he had a good one...he's such a man now...weird how we grow up.
Oh so sweet... Happy Birthday !!!
Post a Comment