What you can send in is a non-food item. Which is still a little confusing to me...the poor birthday boy is giving everyone else a present on his special day. But it's giving. And I'm all for anything that will help my children be more giving.
So this year...he's into LEGOS. And I found this amazing printable LEGO coloring book here.
I added a different cover for a boy or a girl...sewed the pages together...put them in a ziploc baggie...and added a little phrase on top of the bag. (Sewing paper is my new favorite thing to do.) Of course, I waited until tonight to do most of the work, so I just finished a few hours ago. But I think they turned out cute, and Joaquin is eager to hand them out tomorrow. Here's some pics:
2 comments:
Those are lovely Susan and I'm sure the kids will enjoy receiving them. But please don't knock tradition, CUPCAKES FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure your mom sent beautiful cupcakes or a full cake to school for your birthdays.
My mom did make some great cakes...I just don't remember them at school. Joaquin actually didn't want me to come to eat lunch with him today...he knew he'd be sad when I would have to leave and he might cry, so he said I better just not come.
Post a Comment