On the other side of the house, the little birds continued to flit to and from the bird feeder, even with the pouring rain and high winds. There's two huddled together in this picture.
We emerged after the storm to see what damage had been done. Mostly, it was just a lot of leaves and branches.
There's a driveway under there somewhere.
And it turns out we had a little more damage. Our 'shed that looks like a chicken coop'. A red X tree...it should have been taken down just a little sooner.
We lost power early afternoon. We just got it back Wednesday evening. That was longer than Isabel for us. But I'm not complaining. We were resourceful, neighborly, read books by flashlight, looked forward to sunrise, got in bed at dark, cooked pizza on the grill, played baseball and enjoyed each other's company. I think we might need to do this once a month now.
This was on the corner, the house beside ours.
I think I wanted it to fall on me only once...my kids fight, too, you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment