We'd tried it with Joaquin once when he was about four...ice hockey lessons...and we hadn't been back since. Good idea, Susan, start them even younger. Diego HATED it. Although he did get used to walking on the hard floor with the skates, he cried the whole time out on the ice, unless I was carrying him...very hard to do by the way.
He spent most of his time here. And I hadn't given him any money. He kept finding these candies in the machine. Isabela thought his little hand was small enough to fit up in the hole...but I'm not sure where they were coming from.
Joaquin's lack of fear made him a natural. He's ready for those hockey lessons now.
Isabela's trying out a figure skating move here, haha.
Diego managed to wander into a corner that had a basket full of hula hoops to entertain him for a while.
But watching the candies whiz around was definitely more fun.
3 comments:
I tried my twins at 2 and then again at 3 and it was tough. Too much crying and not enough body strength for me to carry them both and skate. I am thinking of lessons soon though, to conquer their fear.
http://polwig.com
very cute! You're a brave momma for even trying. something about the blade on ice skates freaks me out.
BTW- Diego has the best hair ever. you can never cut it!
Ha, Stacey!...he is starting to look like the Beetles. Funny thing is it probably won't be cut...he will NOT let them touch it. He's had just one cut his whole life!
Post a Comment