Thursday, August 18, 2011

good book?

One of Joaquin's favorite books this summer was The Legend of Spud Murphy. It really is funny. He read it twice, then went on to read two others by this author, Eoin Colfer.

One day, we were working on our shrinky dink addiction, and I said, "Why don't you trace the cover of that book you liked?"

He wanted me to do it first....so I traced one and he colored it in with colored pencils.
IMG_4212

This could be a fun summer project to remember favorite books your kids read...or something pretty to decorate a baby's window...I could see Goodnight Moon being one.

It could also be a great gift for a teacher (or librarian)...if you find out what their favorite book is. It is large enough to be a key chain or a Christmas tree ornament.

I even did one with a book cover that I thought was cute of a sweet dog saying, "I didn't do it."
IMG_4214

Here's Joaquin with two of his favorite books.
IMG_4220

Linking up here: Skip to My Lou...check out other great crafts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...