Thursday, August 4, 2011

feeding the chancho

I'm pretty sure this is not the official name of this montessori activity.

I'm finally getting my act together and starting to introduce these fun, educational trays to Diego. The whole world of Montessori is so fascinating. Everything is done in a particular way and for a particular reason.

Using trays helps teach the kids to carry things carefully and use balance. Glass bowls and pitchers teach them to handle things gently. And scooping with a spoon, well, that one's easy.
IMG_4092

Diego was a little more interested in it when I asked him to feed his chancho. Pretty cute. If you're looking for some similar activities, Counting Coconuts is a great place to start.

Ohhh...I just noticed he's using his right hand! He's usually a lefty like the rest of us. I think we're gonna have to work on that.
IMG_4094

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Hey! I've been loading up on stuff like that to use in my classroom :0).
I love your idea of feeding the pig!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...