Thursday, August 20, 2009

a visit from Bolivia


We had a nice visit with some neighbors...from La Paz, that is. They were bringing their daughter to VA Tech and stayed with us a night. Juan Pablo had picked them up in DC after a long flight, stopped by the White House, even in their sweaters and long pants (it is hard to dress when flying between hemispheres) and then on to his favorite place, Subway! I had cooked a huge meal thinking they would be starving, but they ate it later.
The kids entertained as usual and Diego was all smiles. I learned how to fold a fitted sheet (they own a laundrymat)...wow! if you've never seen it done professionally, you wouldn't believe it could be just as neat as a flat sheet! I hope I can remember how. It was also great to practice our spanish again...Isabela was eager to speak, Joaquin not so much. We hope they have a wonderful rest of their trip!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...