We always have lots of questions from friends and family about homeschooling. Yes, we are still going to do it. No, we are not completely ready. But I think that is because we just haven't started, although Isabela might say that we have. She is so eager to start. Everyday, she asks, "Can we do homeschooling today?" We've done little activities over the summer just to test the waters, and it is slowly coming together.
So for those who want to know what and how, here it is:
For literature and poetry, we'll be using these booklists:
Isabela's book list
We will NOT be doing all of this, or being doing it in this order, but this is just our guideline.
Joaquin's booklist.
For American history and some science, we'll be using these resources.
For math, we'll be using a book called Family Math, playing board and card games, using manipulatives and for a backup, I found this free curriculum on line.
There is also a schedule that has already been made up which I may somewhat follow, but I doubt it.
Isabela's schedule
Joaquin's schedule
We are looking into different sports activities and dance, art class, and Isabela will still be in girl scouts, plus there is choir at church and Sunday school. We will also be doing Spanish lessons with another family! Whew!
It sounds like a lot, but I think it will look more like this when it's broken down:
Daily work:
narration (from stories read)
copywork (from poetry, stories, Bible)
math
Spanish
Weekly:
nature
art
music
handicrafts
We are very excited about this coming school year!
3 comments:
You'll do an awesome job :0)!!! Sounds like you're organized to me!
You are the MOM!!!!!!!!!!!! love ya
See - you totally have it under control. We can commisserate together!
Post a Comment