We start each day with a Bible or character lesson from one of these books. These are each great in their own way, so I'm glad we rotate between them.
We have calendar time.
Here's the alphabet.
This is the memory verse we've been working on...Psalm 23. The kids are great at this. We add one line at a time and it's pretty easy that way. Later, we can take these off the board, and mix up a line at a time and try to put it in the right order to help with reading.
Our artist is Mary Cassatt. We haven't done anything with this yet.
This is our math basket. Already quite disorganized.
Same with our science basket. I'm going to have to work on these.
You should have seen the room after the first two days. It was a disaster! I've been organizing it the whole summer and when it came down to starting, I couldn't find a thing! Isabela told me not to worry... the same thing used to happen to her Kindergarten teacher last year. That made me feel better.
2 comments:
Love it !! I'm so glad you get to go on this learning adventure with your children--whether you do it for one year or their whole scholl career, enjoy this time !
You are terrific. I love the calendar - where did you find that? I have been looking for one. I finally did get a map of the world for the wall - $4.95/School Crossing
Post a Comment