Look how strong that little girl is!
They are standing at the tip top point of the Washington monument's shadow.
This is the WWII memorial.
They were NOT, however, allowing you to put your feet in it, as they were last month. So the kids were highly disappointed and HOT.
So much water, and not a drop to drink.
The birds are starting to circle our heads.
A quick pose in front of VA.
From this spot, you can see the Washington monument one way, and the Lincoln memorial the other.
Head shot.
It's a lot of walking. I don't recommend it for those who can't stand high amounts of whining.
There's our fearless guide leading the way! Remember that red shirt for later.
We did devise a way for one more to ride on the stroller.
She's still holding up that monument!
Isabela and I decided to take the stairs up to see Lincoln.
There he is just over our heads.
Where's Waldo? I mean look for Leah Ann's red shirt. Did you find her?
A great view.
We headed on to the Korean War monument since it was right there. It really is beautiful how our faces are reflected in those who fought for us.
Joaquin wanted to join the soldiers. Leah Ann and I both agreed that monuments would be more fun if they were interactive. But all those black chains block you off.
Gotta love the police on horses.
So by this point, we've split up. I was ready to leave Joaquin at the monuments so Leah Ann took him a different route, and the other kids and I headed back to the car. It was a long, baking trek! We kept checking behind us for Leah Ann and Joaquin but didn't see them anywhere. As we got near the car, I saw people taking pictures of a building across the street. Recognize it?
Yes, it's the REAL white house, as Isabela puts it. Too bad Obama was on vacation. Isabela wondered when he would be back.
And then we saw Joaquin. He finally got what he wanted all along. A fountain to play in. And to think....the two things they loved the most, a water fountain and the white house, were right next to where we parked. Sometimes you have to come full circle to find what you're looking for.
1 comment:
Looks like fun! We are going to head back there when it cools down!
Post a Comment