
We finished reading Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi the other day! The kids thoroughly enjoyed it...much better than the Disney version. They had seen the movie a long time ago and didn't like it. They also have it on tape, but the real story is much better. It is full of adventure, but also a good moral of listening to your parents and doing what's right.
The chapters are pretty short, and the one we got from the library had great illustrations along the way. I will caution you that I did do a little editing when reading it...I was shocked when it used the word "murderers" for the Fox and the Cat and there is actually a chapter entitled "The Murderers Hang Pinocchio". However, they couldn't wait to keep on reading the book each night, and at times wouldn't let me stop.
I had never read it before. Who knew the cricket was not called Jiminy in the book? We may try to watch the movie again and compare other differences.
I've now started calling Joaquin Pinocchio when he does something he knows he shouldn't. But I don't think he likes it very much, so I'll try to keep that to myself.
1 comment:
Have you seen Willy Wonka? At one point after watching it, we called our girls Veruca (after Veruca Salt) if they were acting bratty. They didn't like that one bit!!!
Post a Comment