Thursday, February 2, 2012

puddles and shadows

Well, it started out with a HUGE downpour and blustery, wintery winds. Outlook not so good for us to skip over winter this year. But sure enough, the sun came out and we were able to do this:
IMG_0621

Our yard and driveway have some great holes for rain puddles. There's also some tiny ones that always sneak up on you when you're chasing the kids around the yard...they make you almost twist your ankle as you fall to the ground, so watch out for those.
IMG_0591

This one might make a great ice skating rink if we get any really cold temperatures.
IMG_0582

I've been doing much better at balancing my time lately. I've started working part-time (just a few hours a week), the house is straighter, I'm still hitting the gym, and I even had time to put up a bulletin board at the kids' school and do some crafts with Diego. I credit this to leaving Facebook...and this is from a self-proclaimed non user of it. I can only guess that reading what other people were doing wasted my time and motivated me to do less. I do still wonder what everyone is doing, which is weird. I never thought about it before, and I imagine it will pass with time.
IMG_0594

Diego thought his 'guys' might like to take a dip.
IMG_0618

Joaquin was never really into action figures...but I'm thinking Diego might be getting some for his upcoming birthday. Yes, THREE is right around the corner.
IMG_0612

Diego had an observer while he was splashing around in the puddles. At one point, Kitty had jumped down on the side mirror and had her paw outstretched.... claws and all.... trying to brush Diego's hair. He was oblivious to it. Whenever we go outside, she always appears out of nowhere to tag along and play. I love that about her.
IMG_0599

I set up the timer on the camera just so you could see how I spent part of the day. Chillin' in the porch swing. Nothing better.
IMG_0637

So it seems the little fellow saw his shadow after all. Doesn't he always see his shadow?
IMG_0645

I've been a real slacker in the craft department with Diego lately. So we did two to make up :)

I was shocked at how well he cuts! I've been letting him play around with scissors and cut scraps of paper, but nothing with lines on it. He was able to stay on the line I drew and was all smiles when he opened it into a heart shape. And this boy can glue, too! I taught him by saying, "Squeeze, dot, squeeze, dot, squeeze, dot" so he squeezes it while it's in the air, then carefully dots it onto his paper. This groundhog was supposed to be just a head, but he was having so much fun he wanted to add a body and feet.

Happy Groundhog's Day!!
IMG_0648

2 comments:

Darlene said...

FUN!!!! You should come back to teaching (with me!) Wouldn't that be awesome? BTW...love that picture of you. So pretty!

medina family said...

Thanks, Darlene! Yes, that would be awesome to teach with you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...