Thursday, February 23, 2012

sock hop

Juan Pablo put on his blue suede shoes once again for the annual father/daughter dance at Isabela's school. He said it was much better this year...Isabela actually danced with him.
IMG_0959

I made her a poodle skirt to go with the theme. Luckily, she wasn't the only one with one on....but she LOVES this skirt. I used the tutorials here and here. It was really easy.
IMG_0928

I've made Isabela a dress before, it took days...it was from a pattern...and once I was done, she didn't like it. There's nothing like these blog tutorials with pictures, and hints and detailed instructions....definitely much easier than a pattern.
IMG_0919

This was the first time I sewed with elastic....the trick is to stretch the elastic tight while you're sewing it.
IMG_0896

The scarf was just an extra piece of the skirt material...the headband Juan Pablo rescued from the goodwill pile at his work.
IMG_0929

She's asked to wear it everyday to school since...I think that's a good sign.
IMG_0933

4 comments:

Aunt Maggie said...

i left a comment yesterday, guess it didnt take, isabela is gorgeous and what great pics. she will treasure those when she is older. cant wait to see you all.

medina family said...

I love your comments, Maggie! Keep 'em coming. come and visit us, too!

Olives and Pickles said...

Such a sweet blog and beautiful family.
Patty

medina family said...

Hi, Patty! Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment! It made me happy. I stopped by your blog and saw some great tray ideas for my son, Diego. Now I just need to organize them and set them out!
Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...