I started February off with a great bang.
I had found this cute idea to give Juan Pablo 14 days of valentine's leading up to the big day. I've never really celebrated V-Day. I Just thought I'd try something different this year.
One of the days involved me waking up early and making cupcakes. Another was a jar with 10 reasons I love him...(and I was happily able to find ten.) His favorite was the "how's about you give me a shot this valentines" attached to a nerf gun. He said it was the best present he'd ever gotten.
Well, the last three days I've been too busy and too tired to leave any little treats or notes behind. I'm not sure if he even noticed. I mean sometimes I left them in front of his face, and he never even saw them. Plus, I'm pretty sure gift giving is not one of his five love languages.
Then I had great plans early this morning to block the kids' bedroom doors off with red crepe paper...I've always wanted to do that...so they'd have to break out of it to get out of their rooms. But Diego woke up at 4:30am and when I got him back to sleep, I decided to just sleep myself.
I did make muffins for breakfast and heart shaped sandwiches for their lunch, but I didn't finish their valentines cards and Isabela was disappointed.
I guess when you say you're organizing your time better, this is bound to happen.
On a brighter note, Juan Pablo goes in late today, so Diego and I have the whole morning with him. We're going to turn this day around!
Happy Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment