Sunday, November 6, 2011

today

This is an important picture.

IMG_7774

I know. You've seen just as many of these pics as I have. But today's the day we hope to see more and more of those precious lips. We're starting to say good-bye to chupi....his binki, paci, whatever you may call it. No more hard plastic chupi kisses. Or at least not as many...we're slow going...just using it for naps and night-night...and today was a pretty good day.

It seems like all this 'big-boy' talk may have gone to his head....or he'd just like to be an '80s tennis pro.
IMG_7802

Today was a special day for Joaquin, too. And a long one coming...he and I went out for his birthday. Yesterday he said, "I can't believe it's almost Christmas and we still haven't celebrated my birthday!" Unfortunately, my great idea of celebrating with only mom, dad and birthday kid never quite worked out how I thought. Soooo, we may be re-instituting parties for the coming year. The kids are thrilled.
IMG_7738

And where do you think my spirited Joaquin would like to go with his mom? To paint pottery. He knew exactly what he wanted to paint, too...Rudolph.
IMG_7734

I've been wanting to do this for so long...just me and him. It really is priceless to take out just one kid and focus all your attention on them.
IMG_7737

Because one day, you'll take a picture of them, and wonder how they grew up so fast...and you might catch a glimpse of a future teenager...and there'll be a knot in your throat or a tear in your eye.
IMG_7668

This month is all about being thankful. And I can't get this phrase that I read on pinterest out of my mind.

What if you woke up today... with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?

What a long list I have. Thank you, God.

2 comments:

Aunt Maggie said...

thanks for the gentle reminder susan, i shall be thankful all month.........and i am really thankful for you and your family and the great thoughts you have every day.

medina family said...

That's so nice of you to say, Maggie! Thank you, too! We love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...