Monday, November 21, 2011

the enemy

IMG_8104

On any given day, if I can't find the children, and the house is quiet, this is why. Meet my archenemy.

He's stolen our creativity.

He's stolen our family time.

He's lured my children away from adventures in the great outdoors.

I teeter back and forth on taking it away and giving it back. I've thrown it in the trash, but it reappeared. When rooms are kept clean for days on end, homework is done, and civility reigns, I think, "Why not?" and give in. But I regret it EVERY time.

It's been gone for the last few days.

Some of us have gotten messy with Mod Podge, or taken a mountain bike ride for hours in the park. We've played Uno and been to a birthday party.

The enemy is down. But I'm sure the battle is not over.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...