Saturday, November 5, 2011

blue monster

Diego and I have a little secret.

A blue monster lives in the closet in my room. When it's nap time, if the closet door is open, Diego says with surprise, "Blue monster got out!" And I'll karate chop him back in and close the door.

I'm not sure why I karate chop him, because we actually like him. And Diego will get mad if someone tries to hurt him (like say, Joaquin).

Last night at the gas station, I said, "Look! There's blue monster!" and Diego laughed and laughed so hard. I kept it going with, "How did he get here? He must have rode on the roof!" And he laughed a hearty belly laugh some more.

But the other day, I broke the cardinal rule of all moms everywhere...I ignored the 'too quiet' baby in the other room because I was too lazy to get up. When I finally did....

...he was doing exactly what I knew he was doing but hoping he wasn't.

He had the weapon in his hand....a blue Sharpie.

And he was turning himself into a blue monster!

He had colored an entire hand, front and back, with blue Sharpie and was well on his way into the second... and a nice large drawing on the window sill, too.

I gasped and grabbed him up, feet dangling in the air, headed straight for the bathtub. Diego's sweet voice asking, "What, Mom?"down the hall.

And it happened just as it did in The Cat in the Hat....the blue came mostly off of his hands, but is now on my tub!
IMG_7638

The baby who refused to wear a costume on Halloween has turned himself into a real blue monster! I wish I had taken a before picture, but the evidence is still there and shall be for a long time I imagine.
IMG_7644

1 comment:

Aunt Maggie said...

how cute, there is nothing better than a baby child laughing .....
love you all

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...