Tuesday, May 24, 2011

welcome....

...to our garden.
IMG_1194

This is where the wild things grow. Our tomato plants have definitely gotten out of hand and are threatening to take over the entire plot.
IMG_1205

But when you see these precious babies growing, it's hard to imagine pulling one or two out. I'm hoping they'll all just get along and make space for everyone. Although, I know this is not how gardening works in the real world.
IMG_1199

Here are some cucumber blossoms hiding beneath the leaves. This morning we just read an interesting book called In the Garden with Dr. Carver. I'm so impressed at how one individual can make such a difference in the world. I came across this teachering guide that goes along with the book if anyone's interested.
IMG_1198

And these are cantaloupes...we just threw the seeds out in a row. (Obviously, I didn't really think they'd grow.)
IMG_1201

And our pepper plant is slowly coming along. He's in a pot, safe from all the fighting for sun that the other plants are doing.
IMG_1202

I didn't get a picture of our three strawberry plants...their season is about up, but we probably got about forty or fifty strawberries from them....they never actually made it to the house...they were just eaten up by whoever was watering the garden.

2 comments:

Aunt Maggie said...

wow susan how great your garden grows......your pics are so good. We have our 8 different garden plots now. I have a new flower box at the head of our driveway so i am getting a lot of practice greening my brown thumb.

medina family said...

thanks, maggie! we soooo have a brown thumb, too. the big help this year was a pile of compost we had delivered. It was way to big for our garden so the rest is sitting beside it killing the grass...waiting for us to make our flower beds around the house. Would love to come up and see your garden this summer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...