Botos.
Bufeos colorados.
These are the names for the pink dolphins of the Amazon.
Who knew there were pink dolphins in the world? And how different they were from ocean dolphins?
Isabela and I learned so much about them from this amazing book. It's not your typical boring non-fiction book with facts and figures. It's written as an adventure story with you in the Amazon jungle. You definitely want to check this one out from the library.

I loved how her shoebox habitat turned out. Lots of details from the jungle to the river.
She wanted to make a stuffed animal dolphin so we found this pattern, and she sewed one using the blanket stitch. Very doable for a second grader, although I did help cut them out and tie the knots.
After learning about these, we're all ready for a trip to the Amazon.
No comments:
Post a Comment