Peek into this brown paper bag at those mushrooms. You mean they don't grow in a blue styrofoam box covered in plastic? So cool.
Dinners are definitely less hectic since we joined The Farm Table. Most of the ingredients for the recipes they provide are common and I already have them on hand...except for the vegetables that arrive in the box, some of which I've never bought in my life.
How about these turnips?
I don't think I've ever eaten one before. And yesterday, I ate mustard greens for the first time in my life. And who knew sweet potatoes could be roasted....not covered in brown sugar....and be just as sweet and delicious.
It's like discovering a whole new world.
2 comments:
I love roasted baked or fried sweet potatoes and now i hear Chik fila (sp) has sweet potato waffle fries.............we have our gardin all in too. My fav to grow i have red potatoes, garlic and peppers....rick does most all of the rest. Hope to see you soon.
Hey Mags! Our garden is growing crazy!! I just picked 10 strawberries this morning and there are lots more. The tomato plants are huge and growing like bamboo! My great hope is that we'll have cantaloupe or watermelon this summer.
Post a Comment