Monday, February 1, 2010

project completed!

I am the queen of finding a project to do and never doing it. But I've finally done one...and I did it in one day! I found some material that I had bought last summer at a yard sale and after seeing this great post about pillow cases, I thought this material would work great.

But I decided, after looking at my own pillow case for awhile, to make it just a little bit fancier than the simple pillow case.

First I cut two pieces about 10 inches long (and the width of the pillow) for each pillow case...then I ironed them with the edge turned under and then folded in half.


The pillow case is a long piece of material folded in half. I slipped each end into the cuff I made above (one for each end) and sewed it along both edges of the cuff to give it a little more detail. Then you pin the pillow case right sides together, and sew down each edge.


And here they are on my bed! Of course, I have nothing blue in my room at all. But I love my new pillow cases! I put a model on my bed and told him to smile to make the picture a little more interesting to others. It was really easy...so now I'm going to be on the look out for great pillow case fabric.

4 comments:

Aunt Maggie said...

Diego is becoming such a character, how cute is he??????????????????? Love the pillow case, couldnt quite understand the process but they look fantastic...............

Aunt Maggie said...

I just re-read the post and i figured it out. I shall look in my material bag for some for me to make.

medina family said...

Yeah, I'm not real good at the explaining part. But once you do one, it's pretty easy. I can't wait to see your pillow cases Maggie!

Nancy said...

They are lovely pillow cases, but I'm not much of a maker/sewer. Love the model though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...