Monday, February 15, 2010

frozen



Yesterday, we stopped to investigate our lake which has been frozen for most of the winter. We were wondering how thick that ice was. Don't worry....this does not end badly.
I was driving, so I pulled over to the side of the road while JP got out with the two older kids. Diego and I waited in the car.

I gave JP the camera, and this is the one and only shot he came back with.

But he said the ice was pretty thick. They threw a rock on it and it landed right on top...so they threw a boulder on it...it cracked but did not fall in!

So I'm sitting there watching in the rearview mirror as they are headed back to the car, and who should pull up with his lights flashing but a policeman. I think he was just being nice to see if there was a problem, but he did make my heart skip a beat.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...