Friday, February 5, 2010

the frame maker

My mother in law brought us a beautiful painting from an artist in Bolivia LAST YEAR. It was too expensive to get it framed at a store, and Juan Pablo said it was easy to make a frame. We finally did it yesterday!

We don't have an electric miter saw, so we picked up one of those yellow boxes at Lowes, along with the wood and nails. I didn't get a picture of Juan Pablo sawing it, but he got a good work out from it.


Here he is nailing the cloth onto the frame.


Finished! This is the mountain Sajama in Bolivia. Wikipidia says it is the highest peak in Bolivia. You can read more here.


Who put that lamp in the way? I think I'm going to need some new lighting. And I'd like to frame it out with some moulding. It's funny how one project just leads to another.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...