Have you ever made a decision and KNEW it was the right one? I mean really knew it. This past weekend I did, and it felt wonderful. Usually, I second guess myself, wish I had chosen the other option, realize I made the wrong choice...but not this time. We were all supposed to make a trip up to DC on Sunday to visit the Smithsonian museum. The night before, I told Juan Pablo, "I don't think Diego and I are going to go. Four hours in the car just to walk around all day is not going to be fun." Just saying that was a relief. And he agreed. So he and his brother, Isabela and Joaquin went...and Diego and I had the day all to ourselves. And I mean the whole day. They didn't even get back until 8:30pm.
So what would you do with a whole day to yourself? I cleaned a little. I definitely could have done more, but I wasn't going to waste a whole day to myself on something no one would even notice or care about. So I called a friend and we went jogging...I even got to use a real jogging stroller for Diego. Those things are heaven!! Although I wouldn't call myself jogging for the most part...some skipping, some really fast walking. Two miles on the open road is a little different from two miles on the treadmill. But it was great weather and fun to do with a friend.
Right now, I can't even remember what else I did that day, but I know it ended with a smile on my face and a peace in my heart.
How was JP's day you ask? The GPS got them lost on the way up there. They parked at the far end of the mall and had to walk miles before they reached a musuem. The kids were bored. They were all STARVING when they left the musuem only to walk to the closest McDonald's and have the building be closed. The jerk at the metro station wouldn't help them figure out the fare cards, so they ended up wasting $20 on one card. They drove back to Richmond and stopped by JP's job. As they were leaving to FINALLY head home, Joaquin took a dive into the sidewalk, scraping up his face.
Now, you tell me...did I make a good decision, or what?
1 comment:
Yes, it sounds like you made the right decision...............
Post a Comment