Tuesday, February 2, 2010

coupons!

I love this coupon thing! I got all these groceries from Kroger last week for $40 some dollars...saving 58% of my bill.


Now, I tried the CVS couponing...I spent $46 out of pocket, and saved $70. I got all of this. Now it doesn't look like much, but there's three packs of batteries, a big thing of detergent, lots of body wash, aspirin, among other stuff. I'm not sure if this one actually saved me much, because CVS is usually so overpriced anyway, but we certainly have things I NEVER would have bought if I hadn't used the coupons.


I did it at Food Lion last week, and did great... then went again to Kroger today, and didn't do as well as the first time, but still pretty good. However, when I came home, Juan Pablo told me not to go to the store anymore... since our cupboards are overflowing. We've never had this much food before, and I've spent less than I normally do.

So the best piece of advice friends have told me is this:

If it's on sale AND you have a coupon, that's when to buy it. Plan your meals around that.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I see cokes hidden on one of the pictures!!!!!

medina family said...

Coke is definitely my weakness. Real coke. Sometimes I take a break from it, but not right now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...