
Tomorrow begins the season of Lent. It's is something I've never really observed...I don't think I've ever given anything up or even understood why I would need to. But this year, I'm thinking it might be something good to do with my children.
Some people make a calendar. You can see examples here.
Then I started wondering what the United Methodist Church has to say about Lent....and I found this great site that has activities and devotionals for families to follow each week.
And this article helped me understand a little better WHY we should take the walk through the desert...and hopefully, Easter will mean more to us than chocolate bunnies and Cadbury eggs.
2 comments:
Those were great sites! I was brought up Catholic, so for many years I gave up something for Lent & didn't eat meat on Fridays. Since being a Methodist though, I haven't really practiced that. I think I'm going to this year :0). Thanks for sharing~
i remember your grandma always giving up chocolate for lent. i wonder why i dont do that..... maybe i shall for her this year.
Post a Comment