Saturday, June 7, 2008

the list






After reading The Next Thing on My List in our book club, we were all prompted to make a list of 10 things we wanted to do before we die. Here are some pictures of one of them that I crossed off! (I've actually done another when we went to the Richmond Kickers soccer game, if you consider them pros) Isabela was much more adventurous than Joaquin if you can believe that. She went all the way to the top and was the first one to go! Joaquin made it to the top once after much coaxing from us on the ground. But he was much more at home on the free climb wall, which is about 10 feet high, and done without harnesses. I think all the safety features were throwing him off!
Juan Pablo took that great picture of me at the top...I wouldn't have put it on, but then no one would believe I did it! The hardest part was coming down....you have to let go of the wall and hold on to the rope, trusting that it won't break or come out of its knot! I was the most vocal of the four of us, letting out the occasional scream on the way downnnnnn!

1 comment:

ezabet said...

Awesome! what a cool family outing! way to go suzq

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...