So I've been debating whether or not to start Joaquin in BMX racing (although he is way into motorcycles)....he is exceptionally talented on his bike...or anything with wheels for that matter. The other day, he found a skateboard ramp at a friend's house, and being the good mom, I told him to stay away from it. And being Joaquin, he did it anyway. He was on one of those two-wheel scooters, and started off at the bottom of the ramp, just riding on the driveway and going up a little on the ramp....but soon enough he was able to fly up to the top with it and land on the platform! When the older kids came outside to play...they were like "Wow...he's better than us!" I found out there is a BMX track in Richmond...and Juan Pablo informed me that BMX is a little safer than Motocross because the bikes are lighter if they fall on you. So I think we'll try to watch a race and see how it is. Isabela, on the other hand, looks like Mary Poppins on her bike...she just goes leisurely, looking all around, until it went off the path straight down this huge ditch! And I couldn't let them have all the fun...I tried the monkey bars...when did those get so hard to do?
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
BMX or Motocross?
So I've been debating whether or not to start Joaquin in BMX racing (although he is way into motorcycles)....he is exceptionally talented on his bike...or anything with wheels for that matter. The other day, he found a skateboard ramp at a friend's house, and being the good mom, I told him to stay away from it. And being Joaquin, he did it anyway. He was on one of those two-wheel scooters, and started off at the bottom of the ramp, just riding on the driveway and going up a little on the ramp....but soon enough he was able to fly up to the top with it and land on the platform! When the older kids came outside to play...they were like "Wow...he's better than us!" I found out there is a BMX track in Richmond...and Juan Pablo informed me that BMX is a little safer than Motocross because the bikes are lighter if they fall on you. So I think we'll try to watch a race and see how it is. Isabela, on the other hand, looks like Mary Poppins on her bike...she just goes leisurely, looking all around, until it went off the path straight down this huge ditch! And I couldn't let them have all the fun...I tried the monkey bars...when did those get so hard to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment