So I found this, and it was for me. And maybe for you:
We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential. ~Ellen Goodman
Maybe it's because our family's on the verge of a giant trip...and I have lists of to do's and to get's. Maybe it's because my birthday lurks around the corner.
But I don't want to look for flaws this year. This year, I'm seeking potential, and goodness, and joy, and kindness. As I write that, it sounds like I may just be seeking the fruits of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.) But that's a mouthful.
So I think I'm going to focus on KINDNESS and JOY.
I saw them in my children today, my great teachers of what's important in this life.
KINDNESS in self-less sharing of an ICEE, unprompted from Mom. It was beautiful and I was inspired.
And JOY...in three siblings that can fight like the rest of them...but deep down, there's JOY and I hope to find it.
But how will I do this this year? I hope it's with heavenly help. There's a manual.... if I'll only read it.
He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8
But if all else fails, I'm comforted in knowing:
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:21
Blessings to you this new year in all you're searching for.
2 comments:
I love reading your blog, Susan! So well said. My focus is on Patience & Joy. As I write this my kids are screaming at each other in the other room :0). Happy New Year to you~!
i love your blog too susan!! it's so fun to be sisters in Christ and watch & encourage each other to grow. many blessings to you this year!
Post a Comment