Tuesday, December 28, 2010

it was very merry.

The first Christmas. The first for us with just us. No other family. We made it ours. And it was special. And it was happy.


Angels and wise men at our Christmas Eve service.


I love this image of Santa and Wiseman...so conflicting for me.


Hop on Pop. We had a beautiful fire for the first time in two years. I'm not sure why we didn't use it last year, but its warm glow mesmerized us all for a bit.


New pjs on Christmas Eve!


Lasagna and Texas toast. Lasagna on Christmas Eve has always been the tradition. This was the only meal I cooked all weekend.


Thanks Nancy and Lew! I think the box was his favorite present.


Santa went overboard, as he usually does. But lit-up faces on Christmas morning are priceless.


My cake for Jesus' birthday would NOT come out of the pan. But I made the frosting from scratch and it was delicious.


Diego opened all his presents with his teeth.


We wrapped up their passports that had arrived a week ago.


The giant lion and tiger were my favorite gifts this year...I thought they were for Diego but the big kids confiscated them.


Diego's checking out Isabela's new dog, Jingles. Looks real...just doesn't smell or sound real. That's good, right?


Diego's playhouse. This is why you haven't heard from me for weeks. Sorry about that. I'll post more about that later.


And the wagon was waiting for them in the big room after all was opened. There's nothing better than one more present.


After lunch we headed up to my aunt and uncle's house. Leah Ann got a Wii for Christmas, and I'm telling the truth, the kids played it for two days straight...and we let them. The morning after we got home, they both woke up complaining about their arms hurting. I thought they had slept funny, but then we figured out it was from bowling and sword fighting.


Ava and Diego...she's always super patient with the kids....and they love her.


Far away cousins.


And a Merry Christmas was had by all.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Yea, a new post!!!!! Missed you all at Christmas too. My first without family too at the age of 52, I don't like it! Next year, no presents, let's just get together somewhere (preferably warm). Glad Diego liked his box. Wii arm hurt goes away after a few days. I have one too. I should play it more! Have a safe trip to Bolivia! Love you! Nancy

Aunt Maggie said...

i have been looking every day for a post. I am glad to see liz made it down to David and Leah's. Did you get my basket o'stuff?

Darlene said...

I'm glad it was merry :0). Wasn't the snow amazing??

Anonymous said...

What a great Christmas :) I feel like I got to actually share the day with you.

The kids are growing so quick but they're so beautiful. Love them.

I like the Christmas Eve lasagna idea. I'm usually in the mood for Chinese take-out on Christmas Eve for some weird reason.

Good thing your cake was for Jesus. He's very forgiving and if anyone would say, "It's the thought that counts", it would be Jesus, right? ;) ...lol, as you know, I recently baked a cake that wasn't exactly pretty, but now that I've made homemade frosting, store-bought will never taste as good.

Wishing the Familia Medina un Feliz Año Nuevo! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...