Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Signs

My week has gotten away from me...with the busy-ness of life and sewing costumes for Halloween, but I just wanted to mention the story of those blackbirds in the pictures of our mountain trip.

Our family was all gathered around for a memorial to grandma and grandpa...and as soon as we started, those two birds came and sat right in the trees above us. We all took it as a sign from grandma and grandpa...but then a third bird came and sat with them. Someone mentioned that it was my mom.

It hadn't even occurred to me.
But I'm glad someone said that. How amazing for all of us to be gathered together and to have those three birds there watching us.

It's been a long time since I've seen a sign. Maybe I've just overlooked them.

My desire for a sign is always diminished when I remember doubting Thomas. Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." (John 20:29)

I count it as strengthening my FAITH when I go on without any signs...but it sure is nice to have one every now and then.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

My mom always felt her mom's presence when a bird was nearby. It's such a beautiful & comforting thought.

medina family said...

Darlene...I think it's interesting how Diego is SO fascinated with birds, too. I've never seen a kid that was so into birds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...