Monday, October 4, 2010

fall crafts

A friend inspired me to make silhouettes of the kids...something I'd been wanting to do forever. Her tutorial is here. I just used black construction paper so the lines aren't as sharp as they could be...thicker paper is better...but I can still see my kids in each one.


I think Diego's turned out the best.



Here's another quick project. Isabela and I just sewed straight across some fake leaves to make this garland. It's a pretty bad picture, but it looks nice in person.




This paper pumpkin is pretty easy to make too. I found the idea here. I'd make several, but they also squish easily so I have to keep them up high.


Anyone remember that awesome Halloween party we had in Bolivia? Here's a link to some of the decorations...and the costumes.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

The silhouettes are lovely Susan. You have your mother's gift of artistry!

Darlene said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! They look wonderful!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...