Last Sunday, we went to see a play at Theater IV called Ferdinand the Bull. This was my first time taking Isabela and Joaquin there, but for some reason, I feel like I saw Theater IV plays all the time as a child. I'd actually thought of taking them last year, but wasn't sure they could sit still for it...and by they, I mean Joaquin.
But this Ferdinand play caught my eye because we love this book...plus I think they mentioned it would be bilingual, so I definitely wanted to take them.
We arrived pretty early. Here's Joaquin snapping his fingers to pass time.
And Isabela in front of the doors to the theater.
Some interesting architecture to look at while you wait. There wasn't much to do before the doors opened.
The kids really enjoyed the play. We were in Row B, right up front! There were dancers from the Latin Ballet, beautiful sets, singing, and lots of jokes. It was about an hour long and ended just when I thought Joaquin would start to get fidgety.
On the way back to the car, we saw this amazing sculpture sticking out of a building. I had passed it when I was looking for a parking spot earlier, but I just thought it was a jumble of metal. This time we got a good look at. Do you know what kind of building this is?
1 comment:
Theatre IV goes on the road to schools all over the state and puts on performances. I've seen Ferdinand at my school and The Jungle Book. They're really neat and they talk to the kids afterwards and let them ask questions. That's great that you can take your kids to the real place!
Post a Comment