The scenery is really amazing here. I love the reflection of the rocks in this picture.
And these rocks look like they're holding back the river.
Sometimes, JP and the kids looked like they were walking on water...
...but they weren't. I took this picture about a minute after giving out the standard warning, "Watch out for the algae on the rocks because it could be slippery."
Here, Joaquin is talking to a giant turtle.
It was quite a feat to get any of these shots. I had Diego wrapped around me in the sling, my Canon with the zoom lens around my neck, and the point and shoot I let Isabela borrow dangling from my wrist. Diego kept pushing the camera out of the way when I would put it up to my eye. I appeased him for a good while with a bag of goldfish crackers I wedged down into the sling, but that only lasted so long.
After Daddy slipped on the rocks, there was really no reason to try and stay dry.
The kids could have stayed out here forever. But Diego got pretty heavy, so I eventually let him down. He was content to walk back and forth on the gravel path.
And we checked out the wildlife.
I finally coaxed them up out of the river by telling them Diego and I had found something else interesting...it was the old rock quarry...and it had a climbing wall of sheer rock. We convinced Joaquin it was too dangerous to do without gear, then some idiot guy came along and climbed right up to the top with nothing.
Two kayakers were going down the rapids as we headed home. So cool.
And we headed back across the bridge with great memories and a satisfied smile on our faces.
Did I mention that is one cool bridge?
I do have the mom death grip on Diego's wrist right here. But he walked the whole thing like the energizer bunny.
Wait...is that someone falling off the bridge? No, they're jumping. I'm just glad it wasn't one of us.
7 comments:
What a great shot of Juan Pablo falling in!!! Too funny~ I love that place, but it makes me crazy. At least you didn't take the hike up to the cliff like we did! If you ever do...let an adult go first!
I hope Juan Pablo didn't hurt himself in that fall. It looks painful.
I was worried he might have hurt himself, too....but he said he was fine. I think his elbow was a little sore though.
So great to see the whole familia! OUCH! Good photo of Daddy falling. Love your daughters reaction in the background. This is why I prefer chlorinated swimming pools. I fell into a river on a slippery rock like that. Hurt so bad and happened so suddenly.
You're a beautiful family. I so enjoyed the photos. (And the pics of you walking across the bridge with the niños - my hands instinctively tensed, imaging holding onto to the kids wrists. LOL.)
Loved the pcis! When I was working, that was one of our favorite places to walk at lunch! Brought back lots of memories. i should take the girls there. Really hadn't thought of it until now!
What a shot! Loved it! Glad he is ok! That is a one in a million! I am going to have to try going there with the kids! You guys can come but now cameras b/c it will be me in the pic falling haha!
Great pictures. My daughter did a summer camp on the island and she loved it. I need to go there with kids but i'm worried that they are too young plus the river is rarely that low.
htpp://polwig.com
Post a Comment