The police and fire displays were big hits with my kids. They got a chance to sit in a real state troopers car...and I asked him, "Are you ever driving and typing on that computer at the same time?" And he said, "Ma'am, I would never do something like that." They both got to practice calling 911 and hearing what might be said to them...Isabela's response to "what is your emergency" was "I'm lost" and Joaquin's was "Bad Guys"....they both knew their address! We also got to go in a fire simulated house...smoke started to fill our room and the fireman showed the kids how to get down, check the door if it's hot, and yell for help out of the window. It was great practice that I hope we'll never have to use.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
The police and fire displays were big hits with my kids. They got a chance to sit in a real state troopers car...and I asked him, "Are you ever driving and typing on that computer at the same time?" And he said, "Ma'am, I would never do something like that." They both got to practice calling 911 and hearing what might be said to them...Isabela's response to "what is your emergency" was "I'm lost" and Joaquin's was "Bad Guys"....they both knew their address! We also got to go in a fire simulated house...smoke started to fill our room and the fireman showed the kids how to get down, check the door if it's hot, and yell for help out of the window. It was great practice that I hope we'll never have to use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's quite a halo on joaquinny in the second pic! what an angel.
Post a Comment