Wednesday, September 17, 2008

a long day

Our days have gotten very long since I've started working and the kids are going to school. Doing anything after Isabela comes home from school is pretty much out of the question. Today, she didn't get off the bus until 4:30! I called because she is usually home at 4:10pm and they told me her bus had broken down and she would be home shortly on a substitute bus. I wonder why those buses are always breaking down? She arrived very excited, telling me all about it...and the bus driver said, "She is so sweet! I could just take her home with me!" And I replied, "I thought you did!"
Today we tried to go to Kids Choir at church which starts at 5;30PM, but she came out crying about 20 minutes into it. I think it's just too much time away from home...she just wanted to relax with us and play with her brother, and I think that's great. There'll be time enough for other things.
Working has been great for me so far. Although I am tired, I haven't been taking my usual nap in the middle of the day...there's just too much to do. My class is great and the day passes quickly. And it's nice to be able to peek in on Joaquin every now and then to see what he's up to....his teacher told me today that Joaquin was very polite. That was nice to hear, although a little shocking.
The kids are usually in bed by 7:30pm at which time I raid the freezer for a great dessert I can eat all by myself!

1 comment:

Aunt Maggie said...

welcome to the working mom's real world. i hope you are buying skinny cow ice cream bars, etc., and then you can eat away. go ahead and treat yourself, you deserve it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...