Monday, September 29, 2008

a huge spider


This is a picture of the huge spider that lives outside on our back deck. We have let him live there, I guess because we don't go out there very much. I have to eat dinner looking at him every night, which is how I manage to stay so skinny...haha. His web is huge too, but we never see too many bugs in it. Today I watched some crazy bug fly all around the spider, even bumping into him, which made him arch out his legs in surprise ( I think the spider was sleeping), but the bug didn't get eaten. We had another pet spider on our front banister, whose name was, of course, Charlotte. We would say hi to her each day we passed by and enjoyed watching her little web be made. But then, one day, I asked Juan Pablo to spray around the porch for the big spiders...but be careful not to spray near Charlotte. He did very good, leaving her whole side of the porch untouched, but I guess the fumes got to her. She was gone the next day. The kids decided that she must have moved over to the tree fort.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...