So we've been hanging in there...managing on our own. You may think I'm a grown woman (something over 30) but I still feel like a young teenager and can't believe God has me in a foreign country in charge of two young children by myself!! They are doing well even though Daddy is far...they've been sleeping with or even in his shirts and have been crossing off days on a calendar until our airplane flight. We did get to go to the park one day because it didn't rain (we're starting rainy season here), and we've traveled into the city twice to spend time with grandma and their uncle at the hotels. Juan Pablo's family is taking good care of us, and have already planned out our upcoming weekend.
At the beginning of the week, we got a box of beautifully packaged Christmas gifts (which we are trying hard not to open until then) from my dad and Betty; and today we received two boxes from the states...one from our favorite aunt Maggie and another from our dear MOPS friends...those have made the next week seem manageable! God has great timing...close enough to flight day that we won't use or lose everything...and just in time so they didn't cross in the mail!
I haven't been sleeping well because of the excitement of coming home and thinking of the many things I need to do. Plus that darn elf that moves every night!
So we're looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
1 comment:
hi yeah your all doing a good job.
Post a Comment