Tuesday, December 11, 2007

immigration (part 2)

Today I spoke with Juan Pablo's dad who very kindly agreed to go with me to immigration and see what he could do. He said "unfortunately, we may have to lie...here in Bolivia that's what works" which is another thing to add on my list of dislikes...but anyway...he said we'd say my grandfather was sick and I needed to get back ASAP. So we went there and said that and the guy disappeared into the back for at least 15 minutes and returned to tell us to come back tomorrow at 11:30am and it should be ready. So let's hope! It also may be that we won't have to pay the over $200 fine for the kids being in the country so long because their dad is Bolivian (which makes sense, duh!) but I don't have the proof (ie. marriage certificate Juan Pablo took with him in case he had problems in immigration there, and birth certificates the dishonest lawyer did something with) so we'll see if we can get around that somehow. His dad said we may have to slip someone a hundred b's (bolivianos)...another dislike on my list...I feel like they could put me directly in jail!! Anyway, tomorrow I hope to have all this resolved. I will be very relieved to get back into the US next week!

2 comments:

Nancy Welge said...

susie q: sounds like you're having some problems, but they also sound like they're resolving. let's all think positively about how good it will be to see you all (and how good it will be when you're on the ground here)!!

remember, that elf is watching you too!

robynreid said...

have you figured out where you'll stay yet?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...