Wednesday, July 4, 2007

around the house




Here are some pictures of daily life...of course with less smiling! We do have hot water for showers. There is an electric shower head that heats the water before it comes out...there is only one knob...the faster it comes out the colder the slower it comes out, the hotter. There are two rooms in the house that receive the most sunlight, making them warmer, our room and the kids' bedroom. So we bathe the kids in the tub and quickly wrap them up and run to our room to get dressed. It's like running outside in 45 or 50 degree weather all wet! The shower we use is connected to our room so it's not that bad. Since there is no heat or a/c we can leave the front door open...did you grow up in a barn?...no, La Paz! haha! The back yard gets alot of sun so we color and play out there and eat sometimes. That's me in the kitchen I'm always complaining about. No, I'm not usually smiling. Since it's outside, it is FREEZING in the morning, and it also has ants alot. I try to keep all food in the fridge. Plus there's the washing dishes thing. I used to have the kids help till they broke a glass and cut their finger. Juan Pablo's dad lives with us, and he washes the dishes alot I think because they will magically be all clean when I come down in the morning. Juan Pablo has started working back at the hotel in the mornings...so life is a little more lonely. Since I can't drive yet, we don't really go out too much when he's gone...it's hard to take the public transportation by myself with the kids. We do have some little stores we can walk to that sell things like a convenience store. We normally buy ice cream bars and chocolate milk. We still snack alot, just not all day like back in the US so I think we all may be a little thinner! The kids have been out of school these last two weeks because of winter break, but their teachers sent home some work the kids have had fun doing...I was worried they wouldn't finish it, but they did most of it in one day. They expect alot more out of the kids, like coloring in the lines, which I'm not sure I agree with, but the kids don't seem to mind. Unfortunately, there were technical difficulties loading the pictures, so I'll have to add them later!

2 comments:

Castelos said...

Hey!
I can't wait for the pics. We are just rivoted by this blog!Totally addicted!
Shannon

ezabet said...

Hey Susan! Jackie here...I read the post and a electric shower head?? WOW! that seems really cool! I L.O.V.E your kitchen! its pink! My Favorite Color! Its kind of weird how the water is cold when its fast and hot when its slow. well I've got to go!

With lots os Love,
Jacqueline LE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...